রবিবার, ২০ মে, ২০১২

Did paleo man get skin cancer? - PaleoHacks.com

I have pale skin and tend to freckle rather than tan. This in theory puts me at a higher risk for skin cancer. When I have prolonged sun exposure on lots of skin (e.g., beach), I do wear sunblock or I will burn. A very good friend of mine is a dermatologist and strongly recommends that I also wear some sort of sunblock on exposed skin all the time (i.e., moisturizer with sunblock on face every morning). I live fairly far from the equator (Michigan), so the sunlight is not so strong here.

What I'd like to believe is that the high levels of skin cancer today are driven more by poor diet, rather than sun exposure. And that eating a healthy diet (good n3/n6 ratio, not too much PUFA, healthy gut, etc) should be at least somewhat protective against skin cancer. Paleolithic man obviously wasn't wearing sunblock. I'm guessing he likely was exposed to sun a lot, too. Do we know if paleolithic man developed skin cancer anywhere near the rates we see today?

My friend also says that a tan or freckles are a sign of sun damage. Many on here seem to see a tan as protective, rather than damaging. Any thoughts on that?

I am not too excited about taking supplements and much prefer whole food. I had thought that Vitamin D was hard to get from whole food, but my friend claims that is not true either. Who is right?

I know I've seen at least one dermatologist posting here before, though I can't remember her name. Would be especially great to hear from some paleo dermatologists.

walking dead comic kratom broncos broncos lehigh walking dead season finale matt flynn

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন